Honda VTX 1800
The Honda VTX 1800 cruiser model appeared on the market in 2001 (as the 2002 model), however the first concepts of the entire VTX line were presented at the 1995 Tokyo Motor Show under the general name Zodia.
At the time of its introduction, the VTX 1800 had the largest engine ever in a V-twin configuration. Only in 2004 did Kawasaki release the model VN2000, which deprives the VTX1800 of the first place in terms of engine volume, but still yields to it in such parameters as acceleration to 100 km / h (0-60 mph) and travel speed 1 / 4 miles.
The Honda VTX1800 was based on a specially designed 2-cylinder V-shaped liquid-cooled engine with a volume of 1795 cc. see, issuing 106 hp. power and almost 163 Nm of torque. The heads of the block have 3 valves per cylinder, the adjustment of which is carried out by means of a screw and a lock nut.
Of the features of the Honda VTX 1800, it should be noted the injection power system (electronic unit with 3D ignition cards for each cylinder), inverted fork, dry sump lubrication system (oil tank is inside the gearbox housing), combined brake system, hydraulic clutch, cardan drive and the presence of a large number of factory modifications (versions).
The main modifications of the Honda VTX 1800:
- Honda VTX 1800 R - the classic version with long fenders and alloy wheels.
- Honda VTX 1800 S - similar to the R version, but with spoked wheels.
- Honda VTX 1800 C - custom version. It has shortened fenders, a 2-in-1 exhaust system, conventional footpegs (instead of platforms), an 18 'front wheel (instead of 17'), a 17 liter fuel tank (instead of 20 liters), reduced front suspension travel (from 130 mm to 110 mm).
- Honda VTX 1800 N - neo-retro version. Similar to the R version, but different in the shape of the fenders and the design of the exhaust system.
- Honda VTX 1800 F - drag version. Features 18 'wheels, low profile radial tires, split exhaust system, 18L fuel tank, dashboard and seat.
- Honda VTX 1800 T - touring version. Same as R version + windshield, side trunks, passenger backrest.
The "little brother" of the model is Honda VTX 1300.
2008 was the last year of production of the VTX 1800, after which it was discontinued and did not receive further development.
The main competitors of the Honda VTX 1800:
- Kawasaki VN2000 Vulcan
- Suzuki Intruder C1800R (Boulevard C109R) / [[Suzuki_Boulevard_M109R_ (Intruder_M1800R) | Suzuki Intruder M1800R (Boulevard M109R)]
- Yamaha XV1900 / Yamaha XV1700
Specifications Honda VTX 1800:
|Engine type||2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V-shaped|
|Working volume||1795 cc cm.|
|Bore / stroke||101.0 x 112.0 mm|
|Compression ratio||9.0: 1|
|Number of valves per cylinder||SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel supply system||injector, PGM-Fi, 42mm|
|Maximum power||106.0 hp (78.0 kW) at 5000 rpm|
|Maximum torque||162.7 Nm (16.4 kg * m) at 3500 rpm|
|Front tire size||150 / 80R17M / C (72H) - VTX1800S / VTX1800R|
130 / 70R18M / C (63H) - VTX1800C
130 / 70R18M / C (63V) - VTX1800F
|Rear tire size||180 / 70R16M / C (77H) - VTX1800S / VTX1800R, VTX1800C|
180 / 55R18M / C (74V) - VTX1800F
|Front brakes||2 discs, 296 mm, 3-piston calipers (combined)|
|Rear brakes||1 disc, 316 mm, 2-piston caliper (combined)|
|Front suspension||45mm telescopic inverted fork, 130mm travel - VTX1800S / VTX1800R, VTX1800F|
45mm telescopic inverted fork, 110mm travel - VTX1800C
|Rear suspension||pendulum with two shock absorbers (5-stage preload adjustment), stroke - 100 mm|
|Motorcycle length||2630 mm - VTX1800S / VTX1800R|
2455 mm - VTX1800C
2420 mm - VTX1800F
|Motorcycle width||990 mm - VTX1800S / VTX1800R|
930 mm - VTX1800C
940 mm - VTX1800F
|Motorcycle height||1155 mm - VTX1800S / VTX1800R|
1125 mm - VTX1800C
1130 mm - VTX1800F
|Minimum ground clearance||140 mm - VTX1800S / VTX1800R|
130 mm - VTX1800C, VTX1800F
|Saddle height||695 mm - VTX1800S / VTX1800R, VTX1800C|
701 mm - VTX1800F
|Acceleration to 100 km / h||4.8 sec|
|Maximum speed||189 km / h|
|Fuel tank capacity||20.0 L - VTX1800S / VTX1800R|
17.0 L - VTX1800C
18.0 L - VTX1800F
|Motorcycle weight (curb)||359 kg - VTX1800S / VTX1800R|
340 kg - VTX1800C
351 kg - VTX1800F
Average official fuel consumption for the Honda VTX 1800 is 6.5 liters per 100 kilometers. The real consumption value, according to the owners, is 7-8 liters.