Honda VTX 1300
The cruiser model Honda VTX 1300 appeared in 2002 as a "little brother" Honda VTX 1800 and as a future replacement for Honda VT1100 Shadow (sold in the US until 2007 ). The model was targeted at the markets of Europe, North America and Australia. In the last years of production (2008-2009), the Honda VTX1300 was only available in the US market.
Visually, the Honda VTX 1300 shares similarities with the Honda VTX 1800, but with a number of technical differences:
- Engine. New 1312cc 2-cylinder V-block see, giving out about 75 hp. power and 123 Nm of torque.
- Carburetor. The older version Honda VTX 1800 had a fuel injection system.
- Pendants. The VTX1300 is equipped with a conventional 41mm telescopic fork, VTX1800 - 45mm inverted.
- Brakes. VTX1300 has 1 brake disc in front and does not have versions with combined brakes, VTX1800 - 2 discs, proprietary Honda combined brakes.
- Clutch drive. VTX1300 - cable, VTX1800 - hydraulic.
The main modifications of the Honda VTX 1300:
- Honda VTX 1300 S - appeared first and was available until 2007. It features classic shapes (deep fenders, 17 'and 15' spoked wheels, foot platforms).
- Honda VTX 1300 C - has been available since 2004. It features shortened fenders, simple footpegs and cast 19 'and 15' wheels.
- Honda VTX 1300 R - has been available since 2005. Same as S version, but with alloy wheels.
- Honda VTX 1300 T - touring version. Available since 2008. Same R version + side trunks, windshield and passenger backrest.
2009 was the last year of production of the Honda VTX1300 model, after which it was replaced by an updated series - Honda VT1300C.
The main competitors of the Honda VTX 1300 in the class:
- Kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan / Kawasaki VN 1600 Vulcan
- Suzuki VZ 1600 Marauder / Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder (Boulevard C90)
- Yamaha XVZ1300A Royal Star / Yamaha XV 1600
Specifications Honda VTX 1300:
|Engine type||2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V-shaped|
|Working volume||1312 cc cm.|
|Bore / stroke||89.5 x 104.3 mm|
|Compression ratio||9.2: 1|
|Number of valves per cylinder||SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel supply system||carburetor, 1x Keihin CV, 38mm|
|Maximum power||74.8 hp (55.0 kW) at 5000 rpm|
|Maximum torque||123 Nm (12.5 kg * m) at 3000 rpm|
|Front tire size||140 / 80-17M / C (69H) - VTX1300S / VTX1300R|
110 / 90-19M / C (62H) - VTX1300C
|Rear tire size||170 / 80-15M / C (77H)|
|Front brakes||1 disc, 336 mm, 2-piston caliper|
|Rear brakes||1 disc, 296 mm, 1-piston caliper|
|Front suspension||41mm telescopic fork, 110mm travel|
|Rear suspension||pendulum with two shock absorbers (5-stage preload adjustment), stroke - 94 mm - VTX1300S / VTX1300R|
pendulum with two shock absorbers (5-stage preload adjustment), stroke - 91 mm - VTX1300C
|Motorcycle length||2575 mm - VTX1300S / VTX1300R|
2400 mm - VTX1300C
|Motorcycle width||960 mm - VTX1300S / VTX1300R|
920 mm - VTX1300C
|Motorcycle height||1125 mm - VTX1300S / VTX1300R|
1110 mm - VTX1300C
|Wheelbase||1670 mm - VTX1300S / VTX1300R|
1665 mm - VTX1300C
|Minimum ground clearance||130 mm - VTX1300S / VTX1300R|
125 mm - VTX1300C
|Saddle height||685mm - VTX1300S / VTX1300R|
697 mm - VTX1300C
|Acceleration to 100 km / h||5.3 sec|
|Maximum speed||178 km / h|
|Fuel tank capacity||18.0 l|
|Motorcycle weight (dry)||305 kg - VTX1300S / VTX1300R|
296 kg - VTX1300C
The average fuel consumption for the Honda VTX 1300, according to the owners (fuelly.com service), is 5.88 liters per 100 kilometers. The exact value depends on riding style and travel speed.