Yamaha FJR 1300
The Yamaha FJR 1300 was first introduced in 2001 as the successor to the outdated version Yamaha FJ 1200.
Despite the declared continuity, the FJR 1300 has become a completely independent development and has nothing to do with the previous FJ1100 / FJ1200 models. The motorcycle has positioned itself from the outset as the flagship sports tourist in Yamaha's line of models, intended for sales in foreign markets - in particular, Europe and North America. In addition, the Yamaha FJR 1300 was officially available in several other countries - for example, in Oceania and South Africa.
The Yamaha FJR1300 was based on an in-line 4-cylinder liquid-cooled injection engine with a volume of 1298 cc. see, issuing 143 hp. power and 134 Nm of torque. In 2013, the catalysts were optimized and maximum power increased to 146 hp and torque to 138 Nm. The maximum performance of the motor is reached already at 7000-8000 rpm. Despite the outstanding technical characteristics, the official fuel consumption is declared at around 6.2 l / 100 km.
Other features of the Yamaha FJR1300 include an aluminum frame, the ability to electronically adjust the suspension (AE version from 2013), cruise control, an electrically adjustable windshield, seat height adjustment, a combined braking system with ABS, the availability of versions with a semi-automatic gearbox (electronic clutch on AS / AE versions), traction control system, 6-speed gearbox (from 2016), 25 liter fuel tank, cardan drive and 275 kg of unladen weight.
The Yamaha FJR1300 is available in two versions:
- Yamaha FJR1300 - regular version without ABS. It was available until 2006, after which all models were equipped with combined brakes with ABS as standard.
- Yamaha FJR1300A - regular version of the motorcycle (with ABS). Since 2006, it has been the main basic version (motorcycles without ABS are no longer sold).
- Yamaha FJR1300AE / AS / ES - version with electronic clutch control (without clutch lever) and YCC-S gear shift system.
Major generations of Yamaha FJR 1300:
- 2001-2002 - first generation. Models of these years do not have ABS, are equipped with 298 mm brake discs (from YZF-R1) and do not have an immobilizer.
- 2003-2005 - second generation. The motorcycle gets new 320 mm front brake discs, ABS system (standard in the European market) and an immobilizer.
- 2006-2012 - third generation. In addition to visual changes, the model receives ABS as standard equipment in the markets of all countries, modifications AE (North America) and AS (Europe) with a semi-automatic gearbox appear, the gear ratio of the gearbox changes slightly, a new generator is installed with 590 watts (instead of 490).
- 2013-2015 - fourth generation. The model receives visual changes and many electronic systems: electronic throttle, cruise control, traction control system, Yamaha D-Mode-System, electronic suspension adjustment and an inverted fork (on the AS / AE version - with a semi-automatic gearbox).
- 2016+ - fifth generation. The main differences are the 6-speed gearbox, slip clutch and LED optics. More expensive versions of the AE / AS / ES get adaptive headlights.
The main competitors of the Yamaha FJR1300 in the class:
Specifications Yamaha FJR 1300:
|Model||Yamaha FJR 1300|
|Motorcycle type||Sports tourist|
|Engine type||4-cylinder, 4-stroke, in-line|
|Working volume||1298 cc cm.|
|Bore / Stroke||79mm x 66.2mm|
|Compression ratio||10.8: 1|
|Number of valves per cylinder||DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel supply system||injector, 4x Mikuni 42EHS|
|Ignition type||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Maximum power||146.2 hp at 8000 rpm (up to 2013 - 143.4 hp)|
|Maximum torque||138 Nm at 7000 rpm (up to 2013 - 134.4 Nm)|
|Gearbox||6-speed (up to 2016 - 5-speed)|
|Front suspension||48 mm telescopic fork, travel - 135 mm (since 2013 AS / AE - inverted fork)|
|Rear suspension||linkage with monoshock (adjustable preload and rebound damping), stroke - 125 mm|
|Front tire size||120/70 ZR17M / C (58W)|
|Rear tire size||180/55 ZR17M / C (73W)|
|Front brakes|| 2001-2002: 2 discs, 298mm, 4-piston calipers
2003-2005: 2 discs, 320 mm, 4-piston calipers (ABS opt.)
2006+: 2 discs, 320mm, 4-piston calipers (ABS + UBS)
|Rear brakes|| 2001-2002: 1 disc, 282 mm, 2-piston caliper
2003-2005: 1 disc, 282 mm, 2-piston caliper (ABS opt)
2006+: 1 disc, 282 mm, 2-piston caliper (ABS + UBS)
|Acceleration 0-100 km / h||3.2 sec|
|Maximum speed||249 km / h|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)|| 2001-2005: 2195 x 760 x 1435 mm
2006+: 2230 x 750 x 1455 mm
| Saddle height
2001-2005: 800 mm
|2006+: 805-825mm (adjustable)|
|Wheelbase|| 2001-2005: 1515 mm
2006+: 1545 mm
|Fuel tank capacity||25 l (including reserve - 5.5 l)|
|Motorcycle weight (curb)|| 275 kg - FJR1300 (2001-2005)
282 kg - FJR1300A (2003-2005)
291 kg - FJR1300A (2006+)
295 kg - FJR1300AE / AS (2006+)