Honda XL700V Transalp
Touring enduro Honda XL 700V Transalp was produced from 2008 to 2011 inclusive, mainly for the European market.
Honda XL 700V Transalp has replaced Honda XL650V Transalp, having received a number of innovations and improvements:
- New engine: increased volume from 647 to 680 cc see, the compression ratio from 9.2 to 10.0, received a new cylinder head with 4 valves per cylinder and an injection power system instead of carburetors.
- New look: received new, more modern, sharp forms. New LCD dashboard.
- New wheels: the dimension of the front and rear wheels has changed - 90 / 90-21-> 100 / 90-19, 120 / 90-17-> 130 / 80-17.
- New suspensions: visually the suspensions remain the same, but the travel has decreased to 177 and 173 mm, respectively, of the front and rear suspension.
- ABS: the appearance of versions with C-ABS - combined brakes with anti-lock braking system.
- Fuel tank: capacity decreased from 19 to 17 liters.
The Honda XL700V Transalp engine is a 680cc, 2-cylinder V-block, liquid-cooled. see, issuing 60 hp. power and 60 Nm of torque. Maximum performance - from 5500 to 8000 rpm. This motor was also installed on tourists Honda NT700V Deauville and Honda DN-01.
Comparing the Transalp 700 with previous generations, there is an improvement in road performance and a deterioration in off-road performance. This trend is inherent not only in Honda, but in general for the entire Japanese "four" motorcycle manufacturers. Pure "SUVs" have practically lost their popularity, giving way to more practical "SUVs" with a wider range of applications.
2011 was the last year of production of the Honda XL 700V Transalp, after which it was finally removed from the Honda motorcycle line and did not receive further continuation. Instead, the market was offered a budget series Honda NC700 / NC750.
Specifications Honda XL700V Transalp:
|Model||Honda XL700V Transalp|
|Motorcycle type||tourist enduro|
|Engine type||2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V-shaped (camber 52 °)|
|Working volume||680 cc cm.|
|Bore / stroke||81.0 x 66.0 mm|
|Compression ratio||10.0: 1|
|Number of valves per cylinder||SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel supply system||injector, PGM-Fi, 40mm|
|Maximum power||60.0 h.p. (44.1 kW) at 7750 rpm|
|Maximum torque||60.0 Nm (6.1 kg-m) at 5500 rpm|
|Front tire size||100 / 90-19M / C (57H)|
|Rear tire size||130 / 80R-17M / C (65H)|
|Front brakes||2 discs, 256 mm, 2-piston calipers (C-ABS 3-piston)|
|Rear brakes||1 disc, 240 mm, 1-piston caliper (C-ABS)|
|Front suspension||41mm telescopic fork, 177mm travel|
|Rear suspension||linkage (Pro-Link) with monoshock (adjustable), stroke - 173 mm|
|Motorcycle length||2255 mm|
|Motorcycle width||905 mm|
|Motorcycle height||1305 mm|
|Saddle height||837 mm|
|Minimum ground clearance||182 mm|
|Acceleration to 100 km / h||5.1 sec|
|Maximum speed||172 km / h|
|Fuel tank capacity||17.0 l (including reserve - 3.0 l)|
|Motorcycle weight (curb)|| 214 kg - XL700V
219 kg - XL700VA (with C-ABS)