Yamaha XVS 1300 Midnight Star
The Yamaha XVS1300 Midnight Star entered the market in 2007, replacing Yamaha XVS1100 Drag Star (V-Star 1100). In the American market, the model was called Yamaha V-Star 1300.
Compared to its predecessor, the Yamaha XVS1300 has received a number of significant technical and visual differences:
- Engine. Instead of the obsolete Virago 1100 engine, a new, increased volume, liquid-cooled engine with 4 valves per cylinder was developed. Maximum performance: 73 hp power and 106 Nm of torque.
- Intake system. Electronic fuel injection with two throttle valves is replacing the carburetors.
- Drive unit. The classic universal joint, installed from the Virago series to the entire XVS model series, has been replaced by a belt transmission, which is traditional for the American market.
- New modifications. At the beginning, only 2 versions were presented - regular and Tourer. However, in 2011, a full-fledged custom version `` XVS1300C Custom appeared, which was sold on the American market under the name `` Stryker , and in 2013 - `` Deluxe (XVS1300BG) , which differed batwing, audio system and navigation.
The main modifications of the Yamaha XVS 1300:
- Yamaha XVS1300A (in the USA - V-Star 1300) - the usual classic version of the motorcycle.
- Yamaha XVS1300CT Tourer (in the USA - ' V-Star 1300 Tourer ') - touring version of the motorcycle. It features an adjustable windshield, leather side bags, a backrest for the passenger.
- Yamaha XVS1300BG (in the US - V-Star 1300 Deluxe) - touring version of the motorcycle with batwing, plastic saddlebags, audio system and navigation. It appeared in 2013.
- Yamaha XVS1300C Custom (in the US - ' Yamaha Stryker ') - a custom version of the motorcycle. It has many differences in appearance, wheel dimensions, brakes and overall dimensions. Equipped with a reduced fuel tank (15 liters). The lightest modification (curb weight - 293 kg).
2014 was the last year of production of the Yamaha Midnight Star 1300 for the European market, remaining only in the North American market. In 2016, the usual modification XVS1300A disappears from the line. As of the end of 2017, only Tourer, Deluxe and Stryker modifications are available in the US market.
The main competitors of the Yamaha XVS 1300 in the class:
Specifications Yamaha XVS 1300:
|Model||Yamaha XVS1300 Midnight Star / V-Star 1300|
|Engine type||2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V-shaped|
|Working volume||1304 cm³|
|Bore / stroke||100.0 x 83.0mm|
|Compression ratio||9.5: 1|
|Number of valves per cylinder||SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel supply system||electronic injection, 2x Mikuni ACW40|
|Ignition type||digital TCI|
|Maximum power||73.0 h.p. (53.5 kW) at 5500 rpm|
|Maximum torque||106.0 Nm (10.8 kg-m) at 4000 rpm|
|Front tire size||130 / 90-16M / C (67H) - Star, Tourer, Deluxe|
120 / 70-21M / C (62H) - Stryker
|Rear tire size||170 / 70B-16M / C (75H) - Star, Tourer, Deluxe|
210 / 40R-18M / C (73H) - Stryker
|Front brakes||2 discs, 298mm, 2-piston calipers - Star, Tourer, Deluxe|
Single disc, 320 mm, 2-piston caliper - Stryker
|Rear brakes||1 disc, 298 mm, 1-piston caliper - Star, Tourer, Deluxe|
Single disc, 310 mm, 1-piston caliper - Stryker
|Front suspension||41mm telescopic fork, 135mm travel|
|Rear suspension||pendulum (with progression) with monoshock (adjustable preload), stroke - 110 mm - Star, Tourer, Deluxe|
pendulum (with progression) with monoshock (adjustable preload), stroke - 100 mm - Stryker
|Motorcycle length||2490 mm - Star, Tourer, Deluxe|
2530 mm - Stryker
|Motorcycle width||980 mm - Star, Tourer|
1048 mm - Deluxe
860 mm - Stryker
|Motorcycle height||1115 mm - Star|
1520 mm - Tourer
1369 mm - Deluxe
1130 mm - Stryker
|Wheelbase||1690 mm - Star, Tourer, Deluxe|
1750 mm - Stryker
|Saddle height||715 mm - Star, Tourer|
690 mm - Deluxe
668 mm - Stryker
|Minimum ground clearance||145mm - Star, Tourer, Deluxe|
150 mm - Stryker
|Acceleration to 100 km / h||5.14 sec - Tourer|
4.30 sec - Stryker
|Maximum speed||169 km / h - Tourer|
|Fuel tank capacity||18.5 L (Including Reserve - 3.7 L) - Star, Tourer, Deluxe (North America)|
19.0 L (including reserve - 3.7 L) - Star, Tourer, Deluxe (Europe)
15.0 L (including reserve - 5.0 L) - Stryker
|Motorcycle weight (curb)||303 kg - Star|
323 kg - Tourer
325 kg - Deluxe
293 kg - Stryker