The classic motorcycle Honda CB 1300 was first introduced at the 1997 Tokyo Motor Show as the successor to Honda CB 1000. The official production of the model began in 1998, the main sales market is Japan. Since 2003, the model has been updated to the 2nd generation and has been exported to Europe, Asia, Oceania and South America. Notable is the fact that the Honda CB1300 has never been shipped to North America.
The model may be sold under the following names: ' Honda CB1300SF ', ' Honda CB1300 Super Four '.
The basis of the Honda CB1300SF was a carburetor, in-line 4-cylinder engine (SC38), liquid-cooled, 1284 cc. see, delivering 100 hp. power and almost 120 Nm of torque. The engine is identical to that of the Honda X4 dragster. Subsequently, since 2003, the motorcycle receives a new injection engine (SC54E) and increases the maximum power to 115 hp.
Of the features of the Honda CB 1300, a steel duplex frame should be distinguished, classic suspensions in the form of a simple telescopic fork in front and double shock absorbers at the rear, powerful disc 6-piston front brakes (4-piston since 2001), versions with ABS (since 2005 ), 5-speed gearbox (6-speed - since 2014), fuel tank for 21 liters and 252-284 kg of unladen weight (depending on generation and version).
Major generations of Honda CB1300SF (Super Four):
- 1998-2002 - first generation. These models are only available in the Japanese domestic market and have similar features to Honda CB1000. Frame number: SC40 - XXXXXXX. They are distinguished by a power of 100 hp, a carburetor engine, 6-piston front calipers (since 2001 - 4-piston), a fork with a diameter of 45 mm stays, a progressive rear suspension (Pro-Link), wide tires (130 and 190 mm) and a curb weight of 273 kg.
- 2003+ - second generation. Models of these years are officially sold not only in Japan, but also in Europe, Asia, Oceania and some countries in South America. Visually distinguished by a sharp tail, 5-spoke rims and the appearance of the engine. Frame number: SC54 - XXXXXXX. The model gets an injection engine (maximum power 115 hp), a fork with a diameter of 43 mm stays, a new rear suspension without progression (Pro-Link), 4-piston calipers, thinner tires of 120 and 180 mm, versions with ABS, weight reduction to 252 kg and new modifications (2005: Super Bold'Or; 2009: Super Touring).
Major versions of the Honda CB1300:
- Honda CB1300SF (Super Four) - regular classic version.
- Honda CB1300S / SB (Super Bold'Or) - version with half fairing, rectangular headlight and glove compartments on the left and right (about 1 l). Available since 2005.
- Honda CB1300ST (Super Touring) - Touring version. Equipped with 29-liter side trunks, combined brakes with ABS, a different exhaust system (which reduced the maximum power to 100 hp, and the torque to 113 Nm), a more powerful generator and a curb weight of 284 kg. Available from 2010 to 2014.
The main competitors of the Honda CB 1300 in the class:
- Kawasaki ZRX 1200
- Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit / 1250 Bandit
- Suzuki GSX 1200 Inazuma / Suzuki GSX 1400
- Yamaha XJR 1300
Specifications Honda CB 1300:
|Model||Honda CB1300SF (Super Four)|
|Motorcycle type||road (classic)|
|Engine type||4-cylinder, 4-stroke, in-line|
|Working volume||1284 cc cm.|
|Bore / stroke||78mm x 67.2mm|
|Compression ratio||9.6: 1|
|Number of valves per cylinder||DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel supply system||carburetor, 4x Keihin 36mm - CB1300 (1998-2002)|
injector, PGM-FI - CB1300 (2003+)
|Ignition type||fully transistor|
|Maximum power||100 hp at 7500 rpm - CB1300SF (1998-2002), CB1300 Super Touring|
115 h.p. at 7500 rpm - CB1300SF (2003+)
|Maximum torque||119.6 Nm @ 5000 rpm - CB1300SF (1998-2002)|
116.7 Nm @ 6000 rpm - CB1300SF (2003+)
|Gearbox||5 speed - CB1300SF (1998-2013)|
6-speed - CB1300SF (2014+)
|Front tire size||130 / 70ZR17 (62W) - CB1300SF (1998-2002)|
120 / 70ZR17 (58W) - CB1300SF (2003+)
|Rear tire size||190 / 60ZR17 (78W) - CB1300SF (1998-2002)|
180 / 55ZR17 (73W) - CB1300SF (2003+)
|Front brakes||2 discs 310mm, 6-piston calipers - CB1300SF (1998-2000)|
2 discs 310mm, 4-piston calipers - CB1300SF (2001-2004)
2 discs 310mm, 4-piston calipers (opt ABS) - CB1300SF (2005+)
|Rear brakes||1 disc 276 mm, 1-piston caliper (ABS opt - 2005+)|
|Front suspension||45mm Telescopic Fork (Preload Adjustable 1999+), 120mm Travel - CB1300SF (1998-2002)|
43mm telescopic fork (adjustable preload), 109mm travel - CB1300SF (2003+)
|Rear suspension||pendulum progressive (Pro-Link) with two shock absorbers, 110 mm travel - CB1300SF (1998-2002)|
pendulum with two shock absorbers, travel 116 mm - CB1300SF (2003+)
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||2200 x 780 x 1165 mm - CB1300SF (1998-2002)|
2220 x 790 x 1120 (1215 - Boldor) mm - - CB1300SF (2003+)
|Wheelbase||1545mm - CB1300SF (1998-2002)|
1515 mm - CB1300SF (2003+)
|Saddle height||790 mm|
780 mm - CB1300SF (2010+)
|Acceleration to 100 km / h||3.5 sec|
|Maximum speed||240 km / h|
|Fuel tank capacity||21 l|
|Motorcycle weight (dry)||249 kg - CB1300SF (1998-2002)|
224 kg / 228 kg (with ABS) - CB1300SF (2003+)
232 kg / 238 kg (with ABS) - CB1300SB Super Bol d'Or
|Motorcycle weight (curb)||273 kg - CB1300SF (1998-2002)|
252 kg / 258 kg (with ABS) - CB1300SF (2003+)
260kg / 266kg (with ABS) - CB1300SB Super Bol d'Or
284 kg - CB1300 Super Touring
The official declared fuel consumption for the Honda CB1300SF is from 4.0 to 4.63 liters per 100 kilometers (at a speed of 60 km / h). The real consumption value, according to the owners, is 7-8 liters. The exact value depends on the riding style.