The Honda CBR1000F sports tourist model was first presented at the 1986 Cologne exhibition. The motorcycle was focused exclusively on export, therefore in Japan this model was available only in certain years (from 1993 to 1995 inclusive). The model was based on the sports version of the Honda CBR750 Hurricane with a new 998cc engine.
- Kawasaki GPZ 1100 / Kawasaki ZZR 1100
- Suzuki RF 900 / Suzuki GSX 1100 F Katana
- Yamaha FJ 1200 | / Yamaha YZF1000R Thunder Ace / Yamaha GTS 1000
Honda CBR1000F was produced until 1999, despite the fact that in 1996 there was an official successor Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird. Since 1996, production of the Honda CBR1000F has declined and the model was only available in Europe and Australia. In 1998, production was suspended, and in 1999 they resumed again, releasing a small number of motorcycles. This year was the last for the Honda CBR 1000 F.
The model was based on a steel space frame and an in-line 4-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, producing 132-135 hp. (depending on the year of manufacture) power and 104 Nm of torque. The Japanese versions were "strangled" to 93 hp. (This engine model was also used on the classic motorcycle Honda CB1000 (CB1000SF)).
An important feature of the Honda CBR1000F is the combined braking system, which has appeared on the motorcycle since 1993. Such models can be distinguished by the 3-piston front and the same rear caliper. The principle of operation of combined brakes is that when one brake is used, the second is automatically braked, dumping part of the brake fluid pressure on the additional third piston of the brake caliper.
- Honda CBR1000F (1987-1988) - first generation . Factory designations of the model - CBR1000FH, CBR1000FJ. The model is distinguished by its appearance, narrow wheels of 110 and 140 mm, a fuel tank of 21 liters and a power of 132 hp.
- Honda CBR1000F (1989-1992) - second generation . Factory designations of the model - CBR1000FK, CBR1000FL, CBR1000FM, CBR1000FN. The model differs in appearance, wide wheels of 120 and 170 mm, a 22 liter fuel tank, a maximum power of 135 hp, a more powerful generator (390 W instead of 350 W) and new carburetors.
- Honda CBR1000F (1993-1999) - third generation . Factory designations of the model - CBR1000FP, CBR1000FR, CBR1000FS, CBR1000FT, CBR1000FV, CBR1000FX. The model features a new rear design, a combined braking system and new carburetors (VP8XXX).
Specifications Honda CBR1000F:
|Model||Honda CBR 1000F|
|Motorcycle type||sports tourist|
|Engine type||4-cylinder, 4-stroke, in-line|
|Working volume||998 cc cm.|
|Bore / stroke||77.0mm x 53.6mm|
|Compression ratio||10.5: 1|
|Number of valves per cylinder||DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel supply system|| Carburetor, 4x Keihin 38.5 mm - CBR1000FH-CBR1000FN
Carburetor, 4x Keihin 38.0 mm - CBR1000FP-CBR1000FX
|Maximum power|| 93 hp (68.4 kW) at 9000 rpm - CBR1000FP-CBR1000FS (Japan)
132 h.p. (97.0 kW) @ 9500 rpm - CBR1000FH, CBR1000FJ
135 h.p. (99.0 kW) @ 9500 rpm - CBR1000FK- CBR1000FX
|Maximum torque|| 86 Nm (8.7 kgm) @ 6000 rpm - CBR1000FP-CBR1000FS (Japan)
104 Nm (10.5 kgm) at 8000 rpm
|Front tire size|| 110/80 V17 - CBR1000FH, CBR1000FJ
120/70 VR17 - CBR1000FK-CBR1000FX
|Rear tire size|| 140/80 V17 - CBR1000FH, CBR1000FJ
170/60 VR17 - CBR1000FK-CBR1000FX
|Front brakes|| 2 discs 296mm, 2-piston calipers - CBR1000FH-CBR1000FN
2 discs 296 mm, 3-piston calipers (combined) - CBR1000FP-CBR1000FX
|Rear brakes|| 1 276mm disc, 2-piston caliper - CBR1000FH-CBR1000FN
1 disc 276 mm, 3-piston caliper (combined) - CBR1000FP-CBR1000FX
|Front suspension||41mm telescopic fork, 130mm travel|
|Rear suspension||linkage, with monoshock (adjustable preload), stroke - 115 mm|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)|| 2245 x 725 x 1185 mm - CBR1000FH, CBR1000FJ
2235 x 740 x 1200 mm - CBR1000FK-CBR1000FX
2235 x 740 x 1215 mm - CBR1000FP-CBR1000FX
|Wheelbase|| 1505 mm - CBR1000FH, CBR1000FJ
1500 mm - CBR1000FK-CBR1000FX
|Saddle height||780 mm|
|Acceleration to 100 km / h||3.3 sec|
|Maximum speed||248-257 km / h|
|Fuel tank capacity|| 21 L (including 3.5 L reserve) - CBR1000FH, CBR1000FJ
22 L (including 3.5 L reserve) - CBR1000FK-CBR1000FX
|Motorcycle weight (dry)|| 222 kg (+ 2 kg US version) - CBR1000FH, CBR1000FJ
230 kg (+16 kg US version) - CBR1000FK-CBR1000FN
235 kg (+14 kg US version) - CBR1000FP-CBR1000FX
|Motorcycle weight (curb)|| 248 kg (+ 2 kg US version) - CBR1000FH, CBR1000FJ
264 kg (+ 5 kg US version) - CBR1000FK-CBR1000FN
271 kg (+ 2 kg US version) - CBR1000FP-CBR1000FX
The official fuel consumption of the Honda CBR1000F is 6.4 liters per 100 kilometers. The real value, according to the owners, is from 7 to 12 liters per 100 km, depending on the driving style.