Suzuki GSF 650 Bandit
The Suzuki GSF 650 Bandit entered the market in 2005 as the successor to the Suzuki GSF 600 Bandit.
- Suzuki GSF250 Bandit
- Suzuki GSF400 Bandit
- Suzuki GSF600 Bandit
- Suzuki GSF650 Bandit
- Suzuki GSF750 Bandit
- Suzuki GSF1200 Bandit
- Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit
Unlike the previous generation, the new GSF650 received a number of small differences:
- Engine. Increased its volume from 599 to 656 cc, reduced the compression ratio from 11.3 to 10.5: 1, slightly increased the torque characteristic at low revs. New 4-in-2 exhaust.
- Appearance. Got more modern naked features, new LCD panel and headlight.
- Pendants. The front fork gets preload adjustment and chassis rigidity is increased.
- Brakes. Versions with ABS are available.
- Dry weight. Compared to the latest generation GSF600, the dry weight has decreased by 7 kg.
- Ergonomics. The ability to adjust the height of the handlebar and saddle is added.
In 2007, the model undergoes a serious restyling and finally departs from the old concept Suzuki GSF600 Bandit:
- Engine. It gets liquid cooling, an increased compression ratio (from 10.5 to 11.5: 1), a dual-throttle fuel injection system (SDTV - Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) and an increase in performance to 85 hp. power.
- Brakes. The diameter of the front brake discs is increased from 290 to 310 mm, the 2-piston calipers are replaced by 4-piston ones.
- Frame and chassis. Increase in stiffness by 10%. New rear shock absorber.
- Fuel tank. Nominally, it did not change, but the presence of a submersible fuel pump reduced the actual volume to 19 liters.
- Clutch. The clutch cable drive was replaced with a hydraulic one.
- Transmission. Gear ratios have changed slightly.
- Dry weight. Increases by 14 kg.
In 2008, on the basis of the Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, a sports-touring model was built - the Suzuki GSX650F. In fact, this is the same second generation Bandit 650 in full plastic.
In 2009, the model underwent another small restyling, which affected only the appearance. The regular version received a naked-style headlamp. Both versions received a modified brake light, dashboard, slightly redesigned exhaust system and a black engine.
2012 was the last year of production for the naked Suzuki Bandit 650, while the S version continued in production until 2015, after which it also left the market.
Specifications Suzuki GSF650 Bandit:
|Model||Suzuki GSF650 Bandit|
|Motorcycle type||road (street, classic)|
|Engine type||4-cylinder, 4-stroke, in-line|
|Working volume||656 cm³|
|Bore / stroke||65.5 x 48.7 mm|
|Compression ratio|| 10.5: 1 - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
11.5: 1 - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Cooling|| air-oil - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
liquid - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Number of valves per cylinder||DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel supply system|| Carburetor, 4x Keihin CVR32 - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
Injector with SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Maximum power|| 77.5 h.p. (57.0 kW) @ 10,000 rpm - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
85.6 h.p. (63.0 kW) @ 10,500 rpm - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Maximum torque|| 59.0 Nm (6.0 kg * m) @ 7800 rpm - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
62.0 Nm (6.3 kg * m) @ 8900 rpm - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Front tire size||120/70-ZR17M / C 58W|
|Rear tire size||160/60-ZR17M / C 69W|
|Front brakes|| 2 discs, 290mm, 2-piston calipers (optional ABS) - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
2 discs, 310 mm, 4-piston calipers (ABS opt.) - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Rear brakes||1 disc, 240 mm, 2-piston caliper (ABS opt.)|
|Front suspension||41mm telescopic fork (preload adjustment), 130mm travel|
|Rear suspension|| linkage with monoshock (adjustable preload and rebound damping), stroke - 126 mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
linkage with monoshock (adjustable preload and rebound damping), stroke - 128 mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Motorcycle length|| 2110mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
2130 mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Motorcycle width|| 770mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
780mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Motorcycle height|| 1085/1095 mm (adjustable handlebar height) - GSF650
1225 mm - GSF650S
|Wheelbase|| 1440mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
1470 mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Saddle height||770/790 mm (adjustable)|
|Minimum ground clearance|| 130mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
135mm - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Acceleration to 100 km / h||4.2 sec|
|Maximum speed||214 km / h|
|Fuel tank capacity|| 20.0 L - GSF650, GSF650S (2005-2006)
19.0 L - GSF650, GSF650S (2007-2015)
|Motorcycle weight (dry)|| 201 kg - GSF650 (2005-2006)
204 kg - GSF650S (2005-2006)
215 kg - GSF650 (2007-2012)
218 kg - GSF650S (2007-2015)
219 kg - GSF650 ABS (2007-2012)
222 kg - GSF650S ABS (2007-2015)