Suzuki Intruder 1800R (VLR, VZR, C1800R, M1800R, C109R, M109R)
Suzuki Intruder 1800 begins its history in 2006 with the release of the power cruiser Suzuki Intruder M1800R (VZR1800), sold in the American market under the name Suzuki Boulevard M109R 1800. In 2008 the classic cruiser Suzuki Intruder C1800R (VLR1800), which has many common components with the M1800R model and is sold in America under the name [[Suzuki_Boulevard_C109R10_R].
The Suzuki Intruder 1800 series was based on a 2-cylinder V-shaped (camber - 54 degrees) liquid-cooled engine with a volume of 1783 cc, producing 114-125 hp. power and 155-160 Nm of torque. Drag-version M1800R (M109R) differs from the classic C1800R (C109R) slightly larger indicators of power and visual elements near the presence of aerodynamic torque, running components.
The main modifications of the Intruder 1800 series models:
- Suzuki Intruder M1800R2 (Boulevard M109R2) - version with naked headlight without front fairing.
- Suzuki Boulevard C109RT - classic version with touring accessories.
- Suzuki Boulevard M109R B.O.S.S. - version without chrome (rims, frame, exhaust - in black) + two-tone paint.
A Brief History of the Model
- 2006 - the beginning of production and sales of the model Suzuki Intruder M1800R. In some markets, this model is called Suzuki VZR1800. Sold in the USA under the name - Suzuki Boulevard M109R.
- 2008 - the appearance of the classic modification Suzuki Intruder C1800R. In some markets, this model is called Suzuki VLR1800. Sold in the USA under the name - Suzuki Boulevard C109R.
Technical characteristics of motorcycles of the Suzuki Intruder 1800 line:
|Models||' Suzuki Intruder C1800R (VLR1800) / Suzuki Boulevard C109R '||Suzuki Intruder M1800R (VZR1800) / Suzuki Boulevard M109R|
|Engine type||2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V-shaped (54 °)|
|Working volume||1783 cc cm.|
|Bore / Stroke||112 x 90.5 mm|
|Compression ratio||10.5: 1|
|Number of valves per cylinder||DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel supply system||injector, 2x 56 mm (SDTV - double chokes)|
|Maximum power||114 hp at 6200 rpm||125 hp at 6200 rpm|
|Maximum torque||155 Nm at 3500 rpm||160 Nm at 3200 rpm|
|Size of the front tire||150 / 80R16||130 / 70R18M / C|
|Rear tire size '||240 / 55R16||240 / 40R18M / C|
|Front brakes||2 discs, 290mm, 3-piston calipers (combined)||2 discs, 310 mm, 4-piston radial calipers|
|Rear brakes||1 disc, 275 mm, 2-piston caliper (combined)||1 disc, 275 mm, 2-piston caliper|
|Front suspension ''||telescopic fork||46mm inverted fork, 130mm travel|
|Rear suspension ''||swingarm with monoshock (preload adjustment), stroke - 120 mm|
|Maximum speed||224 km / h|
|Acceleration to 100 km / h||n / a||3.97 sec|
|Gas tank capacity||19 l||19.5 l|
|Weight of the motorcycle (curb)||380 kg (408 kg - version C109RT)||347 kg|